New Kindergartener Survey:
Please fill out this short survey to help us plan for next year’s kindergarteners.
Chromebook Checkout Information for Parents
Parents of ASD Students,
Schools will be loaning Chromebooks to students without access to a device at home. We are limited in numbers and ask families to borrow only what is needed so that we have resources for everyone.
School Chromebook Checkout Services
Dates: Beginning Wednesday, March 19
Times: 8:00 – 12:00
Location: Aspen Elementary
Instructions to Parents
Visit the school to complete the Chromebook Checkout Form
- Provide Student and Parent Information and ASD Device Asset Tag #(provided at school at time of checkout)
- Review to to understand your responsibilities & consent to the “Agreement for Use of Instructional Technology” bit.ly/ASDtech and http://bit.ly/ASDtechespanol (link also available in form at time of checkout)
Devices are solely for the education of students of ASD
- Parents are responsible for damage, loss or theft
- Parental supervision is expected: ASD issued Chromebooks are on the ASD network filters as though at a school building. Filtering is not perfect.
- Google accounts are set up for all 3rd – 12th grade students.
- Some k-2 students have not accessed their Google account yet. The school can help you set up this account when you arrange for the Chromebook
- Need tech support? Contact the teacher or go to alpineschools.org to submit a tech support request
Internet access is not provided by Alpine District
- Connect to home network (Google Help Center)
- No home network?Community resources may be available but are not sponsored by Alpine District.
o Comcast Corporate and AT&T are opening community based WIFI Hotspots to all users
o Cellular Phone Plans: Some plans allow for hotspot connectivity. Please check with your carrier.